The Democratic Party (PD) has published the nine conditions set by the German Bundestag which the Albanian government must fulfill before opening the accession talks with EU.
“Albania’s path to the opening of the negotiations passes through the nine conditions of Germany”, PD says in the press release the lists the conditions, adding Premier Rama doesn’t even think to fulfill them.
The nine conditions are:
1. A functioning High Court and Constitutional Court
2. An electoral reform with the participation of all the political parties.
3. The implementation of the electoral reform.
4. Criminal action for the accusations for votes’ buy-out.
5. A functional Special Prosecution Office for the Fight against Corruption (SPAK).
6. Results in the fight against corruption and organized crime, including criminal action against high officials.
7. Progress in the reform of the public administration and punishment for the high officials that have broken the law.
8. Criminal actions against judges and prosecutors that did not pass the vetting process.
9. A final clarification of the lawfulness of the local elections of June 30, 2019 and their repetition in compliance with the electoral reform, with a verdict of the Constitutional Court of Albania.
“Edi Rama is the obstacle for the fulfillment of these conditions”, the press release says.
“He lacks the wish and will for Albania’s progress, that was the reason he was once more rejected by EU. Albania cannot be kept hostage to one man’s lies and failures”.