Democratic Party chairman Lulzim Basha has commented the publication of the interception published on the German daily Bild about vote buying by the Socialist Party in Albania.
Basha wrote that the interception has shocked the public opinion and they show the power of the organized crime in the country.
“Six interceptions published by Bild as part of the investigative dossier 339/1 are a radiography of Edi Rama’s illegitimate and Mafioso power.
The conversations show the power of the organized crime:
• To influence on the nominations of Socialist candidates for MPs and Mayors.
• To buy votes on account of Edi Rama according to a goal set by him.
• To order the public administration to identify Edi Rama’s political adversaries in order to threaten them for their votes.
• To gain state favors in violation of the law.
• To be informed about the Premier’s political agenda in and out of the country”, Basha writes, adding:
“The interceptions that are kept hostage by the Prosecution Office controlled by Rama confirm undeniably that:
• The Parliament that came from the 2017 elections is a product of the organized crime.
• Edi Rama’s government is illegitimate.
• With Edi Rama, free and fair elections are impossible.
The interceptions published by Bild are proof of Edi Rama’s political history: He came to power from crime and keeps it with the crime, for the crime. Today more than ever the country needs a political solution, which comes through the removal of the illegitimate Premier Edi Rama, the creation of a transitional government that can ensure free and fair elections”.